Hey guys, as promised I wanted to get this cost break down out to you so you can see exactly what I spent rebuilding my VK 56. Here is a quick guide/tips on using the spread sheet.
- Not everything on this list is required – I bought some items I could have lived without and I brough items that you might think is a waste. Conversely, I may have bought items that I consider optional that you might consider required. I used Column H to mark items that I considered optional/required
- I broke it out by phase – Phase 1 was engine removal, phase 2 was the rebuild, and phase 3 was engine reinstall and first start/break in.
- I did not buy all of these items for the rebuild. I already had a lot of it. I used the “new to me” column to determine my cost. You can do the same. You can put a capital X in each row that’s new to you and see an estimated cost to the far right.
- The far right side – Scroll to the right and you will see the cost break down by type of item (Tools, consumables, and parts) as well as a total cost.